Primary Level of Care
- Devolved to cities and municipalities
- Usually the first contact between the community members and other levels of health facility.
- Center physicians, public health nurse, rural health midwives, brgy. Health workers, traditional healers.
Secondary Level of Care
- Given by physicians with basic health training.
- Usually given in health facilities either private owned or government operated.
- Infirmaries, municipal, district hospital, out-patient departments.
- Rendered by specialists in health facilities.
Tertiary Level of Care
- Referral system for the secondary care facilities.
- Provided complicated cases and intensive care.
- Medical centers, regional and provincial hospitals and specialized hospitals.
Slideshow Presentation on the Philippine Health Care Referral System