There are 3 different levels of health care system which are primary, secondary, and tertiary. In this post, you’ll get to know more about these health care systems. These referral systems are interlinked or interconnected to one another.
Primary Level of Care
- Devolved to cities and municipalities
- Usually the first contact between the community members and other levels of health facility.
- Center physicians, public health nurse, rural health midwives, brgy. Health workers, traditional healers.
Secondary Level of Care
- Given by physicians with basic health training.
- Usually given in health facilities either private owned or government operated.
- Infirmaries, municipal, district hospital, out-patient departments.
- Rendered by specialists in health facilities.
Tertiary Level of Care
- Referral system for the secondary care facilities.
- Provided complicated cases and intensive care.
- Medical centers, regional and provincial hospitals and specialized hospitals.