PRC licenses can be renewed at the main and regional offices of the PRC. Recently, the PRC has opened renewal centers in select Business Service Centers of SM Malls which are virtually faster and more convenient.
In this post, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide including some frequently asked questions on how to renew your PRC licenses.
The following are the requirements to renew PRC license:
- PRC renewal form. Properly accomplish the form which can be downloaded here. These are also available at the PRC offices. Some critically important info needed are:
- License No
- Exam Date
- Registration Date
- Expiration Date
- Two (2) Passport size photos. Photo should be a close-up shot, colored, in white background with complete name tag.
- Photocopy of recent PRC license card. Back to back photocopy of your most recent professional ID card.
- Old PRC license card. Bring your old PRC license card for verification. If yours is lost, please see the Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Attire with collar. Please wear an attire with collars on. The passport size photos above are just for PRC’s backup. They would still take your photo using their own cameras.
Prescribed fees are to be paid for renewal, they are as follows:
At PRC Offices
- Renewal fee of 450 pesos.
- Express mail fee of 80 pesos. If you want to have your license mailed to your address, avail this service.
At SM Malls
- If renewing at SM Malls, an addition Php 50 fee is to be paid for convenience fee.
At PRC Offices
- Present duly accomplished form together with the needed requirement at the Assessment Windows 17, 18 and 30.
- Pay the prescribed fees to the Cashier at windows 33, 34, and 35.
- Get your claim slip at window 17, 18 and 30.
- Claim your professional license as scheduled in your claim stub. You can also have it mailed to you by availing the courier service.
At SM Malls
- Go to any Business Service Centers of SM Malls.
- Submit the duly accomplished PRC renewal form.
- Present your documents.
- Pay the prescribed fees.
- Claim your license as scheduled in your claim stub.
SM Renewal Centers
SM PRC ID Renewal Centers are open during mall hours seven days a week. Currently, these renewal centers are located at:
- SM Mall of Asia
- SM Novaliches
- SM Marikina
- SM Masinag
- SM Manila
- SM Quiapo
- SM Harrison Plaza
- SM Sta. Mesa
- SM Sucat
- SM Mall Bacoor
- SM Mall Dasmarinas
- SM Mall Calamba
- SM Mall Lipa City
- SM City Pampanga
- SM City Clark
You can also check you local SM Mall’s Business Service Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the frequently asked questions. Be sure to read them before hitting the comments section for your inquiry.
1. I’ve lost my PRC License ID. What to do?
PRC requires you to submit a notarized affidavit of loss together with the requirements above.
2. I’m past my expiration date! Can I still renew?
Of course, but a penalty fee of 20 pesos per month past the expiration date is due to be paid. If your license is expired for more than five (5) consecutive years, a refresher course is needed. Here’s an excerpt of the article from RA 9173:
Article V, Section 26.
“Requirement for Inactive Nurses Returning to Practice. – Nurses who have not actively practiced the profession for five (5) consecutive years are required to undergo one (1) month of didactic training and three (3) months of practicum. The Board shall accredit hospitals to conduct the said training program.”
3. My PRC License was destroyed.
For destroyed or badly damaged ID cards, PRC requires you to surrender it then follow the same procedure above.
4. Are CPE units still required?
Yes…(pst! Actually no.)
5. How long will I have to wait for it to arrive?
Around 20 working days at SM Business Centers. Same day or around two (2) hours at PRC main and regional offices.
6. Can I have someone claim my renewed ID?
Yes. An authorization letter, your claim stub and valid IDs for your representative are needed. To avoid the troubles of going back, have it mailed directly to your residence.
7. I’m abroad and would want to renew my license.
You can renew your license at the Philippine Embassy or have a representative in the Philippines do it for your. All they have to do is follow the procedure above and present a Special Power of Attorney and a valid identification of the professional and representative.
8. Can I renew even before the expiration date/birth date?
You can start renewing your license three (3) months before your expiration date.
- Renewal of Professional ID via Professional Regulation Commission website.