Renewing PRC License at SM Malls and PRC Offices
Renewing PRC License at SM Malls and PRC Offices


Nurse License Cards or Professional Identification Cards (PICs), issued by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), are proof that a nurse is duly licensed, registered and identified professional by the Board of Nursing to practice nursing in the Philippines. These licenses are issued after successfully passing the Nurse Licensure Examination and need to be renewed every three (3) years on your birth date.

PRC licenses can be renewed at the main and regional offices of the PRC. Recently, the PRC has opened renewal centers in select Business Service Centers of SM Malls which are virtually faster and more convenient.

In this post, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide including some frequently asked questions on how to renew your PRC licenses.


The following are the requirements to renew PRC license:

  • PRC renewal form. Properly accomplish the form which can be downloaded here. These are also available at the PRC offices. Some critically important info needed are:
    • License No
    • Exam Date
    • Registration Date
    • Expiration Date
  • Two (2) Passport size photos. Photo should be a close-up shot, colored, in white background with complete name tag.
  • Photocopy of recent PRC license card. Back to back photocopy of your most recent professional ID card.
  • Old PRC license card. Bring your old PRC license card for verification. If yours is lost, please see the Frequently Asked Questions section.
  • Attire with collar. Please wear an attire with collars on. The passport size photos above are just for PRC’s backup. They would still take your photo using their own cameras.


Prescribed fees are to be paid for renewal, they are as follows:

At PRC Offices

  • Renewal fee of 450 pesos.
  • Express mail fee of 80 pesos. If you want to have your license mailed to your address, avail this service.

At SM Malls

  • If renewing at SM Malls, an addition Php 50 fee is to be paid for convenience fee.


At PRC Offices

  1. Present duly accomplished form together with the needed requirement at the Assessment Windows 17, 18 and 30.
  2. Pay the prescribed fees to the Cashier at windows 33, 34, and 35.
  3. Get your claim slip at window 17, 18 and 30.
  4. Claim your professional license as scheduled in your claim stub. You can also have it mailed to you by availing the courier service.

At SM Malls

  1. Go to any Business Service Centers of SM Malls.
  2. Submit the duly accomplished PRC renewal form.
  3. Present your documents.
  4. Pay the prescribed fees.
  5. Claim your license as scheduled in your claim stub.

SM Renewal Centers 

SM PRC ID Renewal Centers are open during mall hours seven days  a week. Currently, these renewal centers are located at:

  • SM Mall of Asia
  • SM Novaliches
  • SM Marikina
  • SM Masinag
  • SM Manila
  • SM Quiapo
  • SM Harrison Plaza
  • SM Sta. Mesa
  • SM Sucat
  • SM Mall Bacoor
  • SM Mall Dasmarinas
  • SM Mall Calamba
  • SM Mall Lipa City
  • SM City Pampanga
  • SM City Clark

You can also check you local SM Mall’s Business Service Center.

Frequently Asked Questions

These are the frequently asked questions. Be sure to read them before hitting the comments section for your inquiry.

1. I’ve lost my PRC License ID. What to do? 

PRC requires you to submit a notarized affidavit of loss together with the requirements above.

2. I’m past my expiration date! Can I still renew? 

Of course, but a penalty fee of 20 pesos per month past the expiration date is due to be paid. If your license is expired for more than five (5) consecutive years, a refresher course is needed. Here’s an excerpt of the article from RA 9173:

Article V, Section 26.
“Requirement for Inactive Nurses Returning to Practice. – Nurses who have not actively practiced the profession for five (5) consecutive years are required to undergo one (1) month of didactic training and three (3) months of practicum. The Board shall accredit hospitals to conduct the said training program.”

3. My PRC License was destroyed. 

For destroyed or badly damaged ID cards, PRC requires you to surrender it then follow the same procedure above.

4. Are CPE units still required? 

Yes…(pst! Actually no.)

5. How long will I have to wait for it to arrive? 

Around 20 working days at SM Business Centers. Same day or around two (2) hours at PRC main and regional offices.

6. Can I have someone claim my renewed ID? 

Yes. An authorization letter, your claim stub and valid IDs for your representative are needed. To avoid the troubles of going back, have it mailed directly to your residence.

7. I’m abroad and would want to renew my license. 

You can renew your license at the Philippine Embassy or have a representative in the Philippines do it for your. All they have to do is follow the procedure above and present a Special Power of Attorney and a valid identification of the professional and representative.

8. Can I renew even before the expiration date/birth date? 

You can start renewing your license three (3) months before your expiration date.


  1. Renewal of Professional ID via Professional Regulation Commission website.


  1. Hi! Have a question… my license is expired and i will also change my name coz im already married. Do i need to fill up 2 forms? The renewal form and the petition for change of name? Thanks…

  2. Hi, do the SM outlets process change of name due to marriage requests or I still have to go to the main office.

  3. I have been living abroad since 1985 and my license has been expired since 1991….being just a stay home mom is probably the reason why I neglected renewing my license for a very long time…..I am still abroad and I am planning to visit home and t plan to renew my license….is there an exemption for taking the refresher course and can I still renew?. Thanks.

  4. Hi. I want to know if is it possible to renew my license now if it is still valid for 1 year. Because i will stay abroad for 2 years, i want to keep it valid until i will come back here in our country.thanks. Hope you can help me out. :-)

  5. hi. i passed the NLE last july 2010 but havent registered yet. should i just go through the usual process of initial registration?

  6. Hi! I would like to ask if you have idea about the board certificate. I ask for a reprint last 2012 sunce i lost mine,it just arrived last monday and when they release it here in Iloilo the Prc manila printed a wrong Date of Registration,so the Prc iloilo recommend me to return it to manila so i ask if i can personally bring it they say it is question is if i would request them to reprint since it is their fault since in the data base my date are correct can i get it immediately? I badly need it since i will be leaving the country again. Thank you

  7. Hi my license got expired 7 years now. I got married in 2012… In the form to be filled, can i put my married name already pr i should go through all the formalities reqd?

  8. Hi there, my PRC ID will be expired next year so its good to hear that there is an easy way for us to renew the ID. Does anyone here tried renewing their PRC at SM North EDSA? which is closer to me. or SM Cubao? these malls are not included in the options. Thanks and Godbless

    • Hi Sam,

      I haven’t checked if SM North Edsa and SM Cubao have PRC ID renewals. You can contact them via: (02) 929 6686. :) Godbless!

  9. Good day! I have already filed for the renewal of my license at sm dasma ast may 25, 2014. My friend followed up my application and the person-on-desk told her, that my license will be released in august. My license will expire on july 26, 2014. What shall I do? I really need my license. Can i just file again at prc?

    • Hi Mark, if you need your license (for employment, etc) you can simply present your official receipt that your license is for renewal.

  10. Hi! Would like to ask if PRC’s Fast ID System is still ongoing? I am currently on vacation right now and I just want to take the chance to renew my license (nurse). Thank you in advance :)

  11. With regards to FAQ 2 , Article states that if you have not actively practiced profession for 5 years you need a refresher course. What if we can prove that we have actively practiced our profession as a Registered Nurse overseas during that 5 years, does this rule still apply to us as well? Please give some clarification since most overseas Board of Nursing allow us to re enter the registration as long as we have practiced nursing in their country or overseas with certain amount of hours during the last five years since our registration expired.

  12. Regarding FAQ 2, if PRC license expired 5 years ago we will need to do refresher course to allow us to return to practise. Would that still be the case even if we can prove that we have been practising continuously overseas as a registered nurse during that five years?

  13. In the article indicated for nurses, they must take a refresher if their license is more than 5 years, is it applicable also to CIVIL ENGINEERs license that are more than 5 years?

    • Hello Glowie,

      I’m not aware about the rules and regulations for Civil Engineers. For nurses, that particular rule for refresher course was stated by the Nursing Act of 2002.

  14. Hi.. My PRC ID was lost and expired for a year. What are the requirements for the renewal? Do i still need to have an affidavit of loss since its already been 1 year expired and also how do I get my license number since its one of the important information needed which i forgot. Please enlighten me.. Thanks!

  15. Hello…some of my friends told me that 2015, PRC implements again the CPE before renewing PRC licence for nurses. is this true? 3years 45 units? or how many hours?

    • Hello Rosana,
      Yes, the this is one of the priorities of the new BON. Not sure about the details though. We’ll keep you updated. :)

  16. Hi.
    Just wanted to do a follow up question regarding the renewal of prc license before the birthday. Can you tell me how many days, weeks or month I can renew my license because I’ll be leaving the country exactly on my birthday so, I was wondering how I can get it renewed. Please and thank you for your answer.

  17. Hi my wife is a licensed teacher her I’d was in a single status how much should she pay if her new status was married? Tnx God bless.

  18. hello p mag rerenew po ung hipag ko kaso more than 10yrs na hindi na renew nasa abroad po ksi sya…mag kano po ang fee at pano po ang gagawin…

  19. SIR, NAGRENEW KC AKO SA SM LIPA APRIL 21, 2014 e napadaan ako sa PRC last 2 weeks e sabi sakin dun e nadeliver na daw yung PRC ID ko. e pag check ko sa SM lipa e wala pa din. halos 2 weeks ko ng finofollow up.. pa check nmn sir kc need ko na tlga…

    • Hello,

      Matagal po talaga ang process sa SM Malls. Usually between 30 working days or more po talaga. Ask them to text you if available na for claiming yung ID nio po.

    • sir kc nagwoworried ako dahil yung mga kasabayan ko sa SM that day e narelease na tapos yung card ko lang ang wala. okay thanks nasabihan ko na yung SM na ifollowup

    • Sir, MAtutulungan nyo ba ako ipafollow up sa PRC if narelease na sa kanila yung card ko. kc from batangas pa po kc ako. thanks. hope for your reply.

  20. hi! is it possible for me to have my PRC ID renewed and for me to have a duplicate copy processed at the same time? thanks!

    • By duplicate copy you mean those tiny keychain-like licenses? If yes, those can be made just outside the PRC offices. Those are not official licenses though.

      As for a duplicate of the official license, I think that’s not possible.

  21. Hi! My elder sister is a nurse and she wanted me to renew her license that was expired last October 2010. What are the requirements for me to prove that I can renew her license? Will I still issue a power of attorney or an authorization letter from my sister?

    • 2. I’m past my expiration date! Can I still renew?

      Of course, but a penalty fee of 20 pesos per month past the expiration date is due to be paid. If your license is expired for more than five (5) consecutive years, a refresher course is needed. Here’s an excerpt of the article from RA 9173:

      Article V, Section 26.
      “Requirement for Inactive Nurses Returning to Practice. – Nurses who have not actively practiced the profession for five (5) consecutive years are required to undergo one (1) month of didactic training and three (3) months of practicum. The Board shall accredit hospitals to conduct the said training program.”

  22. Hi! my PRC license will expire this december 2014, can i have it renewed earlier coz i’ll be working abroad this october and my papers need to be lodge this june. Thanks! =)

    • If you will renew in PRC office, you’ll get it within the day (no more than an hour of processing on some cases). If you will renew in SM Business Centers, you’ll get it after 30 working days.

    • Thanks Matt, how about the PRC ID, how long will it take to get it if processed in PRC Office.. God bless

  23. Hi, my husband lost his prc id years ago, are the requirements the same if he will get a new one? I called prc and was told ( probably by the operator) to bring only a passport pic, auth letter since i will process it for him and payment. Processing will take 10 days.. is this true? Im trying to call again but no one is answering. thank you!

  24. Good day! My wallet got stolen yesterday, including my license and other IDs inside. I need it for my job as a nurse in the hospital. It will expire on November of this year. Should I apply for a renewal of PRC ID instead of a replacement? Thank you so much for your response.

    • If you really need it on you daily business, all you can do is to replace it for you to have a new one.
      Bcoz it’s in the policy of renewal the “you can renew your licence in advance only three (3) months before your expiration date”. Hence your license will expire on November 2014(6mos), which is far long from the 3mos. required, so you can’t renew it yet.

  25. Helpful but here in SM Novaliches they said they will release after 3 months!! Better go to PRC main instead..disappointing!

  26. Is the registration date like the one written on your previous license should also be written in the renewal form or you write the current date of filing?

  27. regarding the CPE units, is it still required or not? what does “pst! Actually no.” means :).

    • Excuses! I supposed all people asking about PRC ID’S and renewals were all professional. If you could just read the article above so you wont be wasting time asking and commenting. Its OBVIOUSLY written above!!! Just a thought.

  28. I am practicing my field outside the country and my PRC Licensed was expired since 2004. Can I renew this to the nearest Philippine embassy?

    • Hello Francis,

      Your license is expired since 2004 and that’s around 10 years now. In those cases PRC requires you to take a refresher course (see FAQ #2) and I’m not very sure about the procedure. Else, you can file renewals on any Philippine Embassies.

Leave a Reply