RNHeals 2 is a project by the DOH to lessen the number of unemployed registered nurses in the country. The following are the recruitment and selection process and requirements for aspiring applicants.
Procedures in the Recruitment, Selection and Deployment of RNHeals 2 Applicants
Recruitment and Selection of RNHeals 2 Applicants
- Applicants shall apply directly to the recipient DOH hospitals or through the CHDs. The registry of nurse applicants from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) shall also be a source of candidates to the project.
- Only nurses and midwives with official and validated Professional Regulations Commissions (PRC) license are eligible to apply. Verification shall be done via the internet at www.prc.gov.ph
- Preference shall be given to nurses and midwives residing in the localities where the recipient DOH hospitals or health facilities are sited.
- Nurse and midwife volunteers, trainees, or those exposed in the recipient hospitals and other health facilities shall be given priority.
- Nurses and midwives must be physically and mentally fit. A medical certificate from a government hospital is required.
Deployment of RNHeals 2 Applicants
- An orientation will be conducted by the recipient DOH hospitals or CHDs and health facilities prior to assumption to duty.
- Schedule of rotations shall be for the various specialty departments of the DOH hospitals as available. Schedules for those assigned at the RHUs shall be done with the respective heads of units.
- To enhance and provide focus for the clinical and public health rotations, competencies shall be anchored on courses geared towards specialty modules with continuing professional units as required by the PRC.
- Replacements shall be allowed in case of drop-outs but will only complete remaining period of the project.
Source: DOH Department Order 2011-0239