The Department of Health released its Department Memorandum 2012-0030 entitled Implementation of RNHeals Batch III and Rural Health Midwives Placement Program 2012.
The memo speaks of the following interesting points:
- RNHeals Batch I will end on February 15, 2012.
- Certificate of Competency and Deployment shall be awarded for those nurses who have satisfactorily completed the project.
- RNHeals Batch III for 2012 shall train and deploy 10,000 nurses and 3,000 midwives.
- The recruitment selection shall be done by the CHDs and shall be completed by February 2012.
- Nurses and Midwives who have dropped out of the program are discouraged from re-entering the project.
- Graduates of RNheals Batch I can still apply if they have a satisfactory performance.
- The general orientation for RNHeals 3 shall commence of the first week of March 2012.
- Nurses are to receive 8,000 pesos while midwives shall receive 6,000 pesos per month. Both shall also have a Philhealth Insurance worth 1,200 per year and Group Accident Insurance worth 500 per year.
- LGUs shall provide nurses and midwives an additional allowance of at least 2,000 pesos per month.
DOH Department Memorandum 2012-0030: Implementation of RNHeals Batch III and Rural Health Midwives Placement Program 2012.
Relative to the implementation of the Deployment Program fo the Department of Health through the Registered Nurses for Health Enhancement and Local Service (RNHeals) Project and Rural Health Midwives Placement Program (RHMPP), all concerned offices are hereby guided accordingly:
1. RNHeals Project Batch I shall end on February 15, 2012. As such, CHDs shall award the Certificate of Competency and Deployment for the nurses who have satisfactorily completed the learning and deployment project. The certificate template/prototype has been forwarded to the CHD-HRD units for reproduction. The Regional Directors of the Department of Health (DOH) and Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) shall be the signatories of the certificate.
2. The DOH Finance Service shall sub-allot/transfer fund to CHDs, ARMM and DOH Hospitals for the 2012 stipend of the nurses and midwives under the RNHeals Project Batch I and II. Relative to this CHDs, ARMM and DOH Hospitals shall submit their disbursement report every 10th day of the month to DOH Finance Service and HHRDB for monitoring purposes.
3. The RNheals Project Batch III shall train and deploy 10,000 nurses and 3,000 midwives for 2012. The recruitment and selection shall be done by the respective CHDs to be completed by February 2012. In as much as this is a training and deployment project, nurses and midwives who have dropped out are discouraged from re-entering the project. Graduates of RNHeals Project Batch I can re-enter the program based on a very satisfactory performance during their tour of duty. They shall be evaluated by the Immediate Supervisor, concurred by the Regional Project Management Team and approved by the concerned CHD Regional Director. For Midwives, CHD shall coordinate with the professional organizations to facilitate the recruitment as stated in Department Memorandum dated 26 October 2011.
4. The general orientation shall commence on the first week of March 2012 before the placement and deployment. Cost of the orientation shall be borne by the respective CHDs.
5. The nurses shall receive a stipend of Eight Thousand Pesos (8,000) per month whereas Midwives shall receive a stipend of Six Thousand Pesos (6,000) per month. Likewise, both shall be provided with Philhealth Insurance of One Thousand Two Hundred Pesos (1,200) per year and Group Accident Insurance enrollment of Five Hundred Pesos (500) per year.
6. The Local Government Units (LGUs) shall provide the Nurses and Midwives an additional allowance of at least Two Thousand Pesos (2,000) per month as Memorandum Circular No. 2011-0044 dated August 4, 2011.
Deparment of Health