The Department of Education (DepED) through the Bureau of Secondary Education announces that conduct of the regional and national levels of Science & Technology Fair 2011-2012 on the following dates:
Regional: September 10-11, 2011
National: October 26-29, 2011
Theme: Chemergy: Chemistry and Science Clubbing in Synergy
Siyensa ang Pagasa
This fair aims to:
- promote science and technology consciousness among the youth; and
- identify the most creative and best science researchers who will represent the country in the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair
Schools are encourages to promote science investigatory projects that will address the environmental protection and conservation of the econsystem. The special awards will be given to deserving projects.
A document provided by the DepED can be viewed and downloaded below. It contains the science month theme, guidelines, and advisories regarding the Science & Technology Fairy 2011-2012.
These are sample slogans/quotes/sayings about Science that can help you create your own slogan:
- Happy is he who gets to know the reasons for things.Virgil (70-19 BCE) Roman poet.
- To engage in experiments on heat was always one of my most agreeable employments.Benjamin Thompson (Count Rumford) (1753-1814) English physicist and diplomat, born in U. S.
- The joy of discovery is certainly the liveliest that the mind of man can ever feel.Claude Bernard (1813-78) French physiologist.
- Truth in science can be defined as the working hypothesis best suited to open the way to the next better one.Konrad (Zacharias) Lorenz (1903-89) Austrian ethologist. [Nobel prize for medicine, 1973]
- The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by faith, but by verification.Thomas H. Huxley (1825-95) English biologist.
- This only is certain, that there is nothing certain; and nothing more miserable and yet more arrogant than man.Pliny (“The Elder”) (23-79) Roman naturalist. (Gaius Plinius Secundus).
- Only one thing is certain–that is, nothing is certain. If this statement is true, it is also false.Ancient paradox
- Science is simply common sense at its best. ~Thomas Huxley
- Physics is imagination in a straight jacket. ~John Moffat
- The great men of science are supreme artists. ~Martin H. Fischer
- It is characteristic of science that the full explanations are often seized in their essence by the percipient scientist long in advance of any possible proof. ~John Desmond Bernal, The Origin of Life, 1967
- Science is the topography of ignorance. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., Medical Essays, 1883
- Observations always involve theory. ~Edwin Hubble
- The capacity to blunder slightly is the real marvel of DNA. Without this special attribute, we would still be anaerobic bacteria and there would be no music. ~Lewis Thomas
- The scientist is not a person who gives the right answers, he’s one who asks the right questions. ~Claude Lévi-Strauss, Le Cru et le cuit, 1964
- Facts are not science – as the dictionary is not literature. ~Martin H. Fischer
- Men are probably nearer the central truth in their superstitions than in their science. ~Henry David Thoreau
- I am compelled to fear that science will be used to promote the power of dominant groups rather than to make men happy. ~Bertrand Russell, Icarus, or the Future of Science, 1925
if you have a slogan for the Science Month theme, why not share it below with a comment?