Welcome to your nursing test bank and practice questions for nursing research.
Nursing Research Test Bank
Nursing research has a great significance on the contemporary and future professional nursing practice, thus rendering it an essential component of the educational process. Research is typically not among the traditional responsibilities of an entry-level nurse. Many nurses are involved in either direct patient care or administrative aspects of health care. However, nursing research is a growing field in which individuals within the profession can contribute a variety of skills and experiences to the science of nursing care. Nursing research is critical to the nursing profession and is necessary for continuing advancements that promote optimal nursing care. Test your knowledge about nursing research in this 60-item nursing test bank.
Quizzes included in this guide are:
- Nursing Research | Quiz #1: 20 Questions
- Nursing Research | Quiz #2: 20 Questions
- Nursing Research | Quiz #3: 20 Questions
- See also: FULL-TEXT: Nursing Research Test Bank (60 Questions)
- Comprehend each item. Read and understand each question before choosing the best answer. The exam has no time limit so that you can make sense of each item at your own pace.
- Review your answers. Once you’re done with all the questions, you’ll be redirected to the Quiz Summary table, where you’ll be able to review which questions you’ve answered or may have skipped. Review your answers once more before pressing the Finish Quiz button.
- Read the rationales. After you have reviewed your answers, click on the Finish Quiz button to record your answers and show your score. Click on the View Questions button to review the quiz and read through the rationales for each question.
- Let us know your feedback! Comment us your thoughts, scores, ratings, and questions about the quiz in the comments section below.
Nursing Research | Quiz #3: 20 Questions
0 of 20 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 20 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Congratulations, you have completed this quiz!
Where are the rationales? Please click the View Questions button below to review your answers and read through the rationales for each question.
Question 1 of 20
What is the purpose of grounded theory?CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 20
Why is it important to understand the philosophy underlying each type of research?CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 20
Which conceptual analysis point of the framework for rigor used for interpretive phenomenology refers to how the study findings will continue to have meaning for the reader?CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 20
Which question will critique the sampling of a research project?CorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 20
Which question will critique the method of a research project?A. Is the strategy used for analysis compatible with the purpose of the study?CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 20
Which question will critique the purpose of a research project?CorrectIncorrect
Question 7 of 20
Which question will critique the credibility of a research project?CorrectIncorrect
Question 8 of 20
Which question will critique the auditability of a research project?CorrectIncorrect
Question 9 of 20
Which question will critique the fittingness of a research project?CorrectIncorrect
Question 10 of 20
What are the uses of qualitative research methods? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 11 of 20
What are scientific criteria appropriate for qualitative research? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 12 of 20
What are ethical concerns for qualitative researchers? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 13 of 20
Which of the following is most accurate regarding the grounded-theory method?CorrectIncorrect
Question 14 of 20
What is the term used for the coding and clustering of data to form categories in the grounded-theory method?CorrectIncorrect
Question 15 of 20
What is a characteristic of an intrinsic case study?
- It yields a better understanding of each case.
Question 16 of 20
What is a characteristic of metasynthesis?CorrectIncorrect
Question 17 of 20
What is meant by the “fittingness” of a research study?A. Truth of findings as judged by the participants.CorrectIncorrect
Question 18 of 20
How can qualitative outcome analysis be used? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 19 of 20
When critiquing a qualitative study, which of the following questions are helpful in determining the study’s auditability? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 20 of 20
Which question is helpful in determining the study’s credibility?CorrectIncorrect
Recommended books and resources for your NCLEX success:
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN (8th Edition)
The most comprehensive and complete NCLEX exam review book with over 5,200 NCLEX-style questions that are thoroughly updated to reflect the most recent test plan.
- Saunders Q & A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination (8th Edition)
This popular review offers more than 6,000 test questions, giving you all the Q&A practice you need to pass the NCLEX-RN examination! Each question enhances review by including a test-taking strategy and rationale for correct and incorrect answers.
- NCLEX-RN Prep Plus by Kaplan (24th Edition)
Kaplan’s NCLEX-RN Prep Plus uses expert critical thinking strategies and targeted sample questions to help you put your expertise into practice and face the exam with confidence.
- Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN Exam
Using colorful illustrations and fun mnemonic cartoons, the Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 10th Edition brings the concepts found on the NCLEX-RN to life!
- NCLEX RN Examination Prep Flashcards
Easy to use flash cards developed by test prep books for test takers trying to achieve a passing score on the NCLEX RN test, these flashcards cover.
- Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX-RN Examination
This book is the first and the most popular NCLEX-RN Exam review book focused exclusively on building management-of-care clinical judgment skills.
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-PN Examination (8th Edition)
The book includes a review of all nursing content areas, more than 4,500 NCLEX exam-style questions, detailed rationales, test-taking tips and strategies, and new Next-Generation NCLEX (NGN)-style questions.
- More NCLEX review books here.
If you need more information or practice quizzes, please do visit the following links:
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. Keep up the pace and continue learning with these practice quizzes:
- Nursing Test Bank: Free Practice Questions UPDATED!
Our most comprehenisve and updated nursing test bank that includes over 3,500 practice questions covering a wide range of nursing topics that are absolutely free!
- NCLEX Questions Nursing Test Bank and Review UPDATED!
Over 1,000+ comprehensive NCLEX practice questions covering different nursing topics. We’ve made a significant effort to provide you with the most challenging questions along with insightful rationales for each question to reinforce learning.