Welcome to your nursing test bank and practice questions for nursing research.
Nursing Research Test Bank
Nursing research has a great significance on the contemporary and future professional nursing practice, thus rendering it an essential component of the educational process. Research is typically not among the traditional responsibilities of an entry-level nurse. Many nurses are involved in either direct patient care or administrative aspects of health care. However, nursing research is a growing field in which individuals within the profession can contribute a variety of skills and experiences to the science of nursing care. Nursing research is critical to the nursing profession and is necessary for continuing advancements that promote optimal nursing care. Test your knowledge about nursing research in this 60-item nursing test bank.
Quizzes included in this guide are:
- Nursing Research | Quiz #1: 20 Questions
- Nursing Research | Quiz #2: 20 Questions
- Nursing Research | Quiz #3: 20 Questions
- See also: FULL-TEXT: Nursing Research Test Bank (60 Questions)
- Comprehend each item. Read and understand each question before choosing the best answer. The exam has no time limit so that you can make sense of each item at your own pace.
- Review your answers. Once you’re done with all the questions, you’ll be redirected to the Quiz Summary table, where you’ll be able to review which questions you’ve answered or may have skipped. Review your answers once more before pressing the Finish Quiz button.
- Read the rationales. After you have reviewed your answers, click on the Finish Quiz button to record your answers and show your score. Click on the View Questions button to review the quiz and read through the rationales for each question.
- Let us know your feedback! Comment us your thoughts, scores, ratings, and questions about the quiz in the comments section below.
Nursing Research | Quiz #1: 20 Questions
0 of 20 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 20 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Congratulations, you have completed this quiz!
Where are the rationales? Please click the View Questions button below to review your answers and read through the rationales for each question.
Question 1 of 20
What should be included in a “scholarly literature”? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 20
Reviews of the literature are conducted for PURPOSES OF RESEARCH as well as for the CONSUMER OF RESEARCH. How are these reviews similar? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 20
What are the characteristics of the literature review required for a quantitative research study? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 20
Which of the following is an example of a primary source in a research study?CorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 20
What is the best source to use when conducting a level I systematic meta-analysis of the literature?CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 20
What is a characteristic of an audio recording of an unpublished research study reported at a professional conference?CorrectIncorrect
Question 7 of 20
What is the first step in the qualitative research process?CorrectIncorrect
Question 8 of 20
Which mode of clinical application for qualitative research is considered to be the sharing of qualitative findings with the patient?CorrectIncorrect
Question 9 of 20
Which research process steps may be noted in an article’s abstract? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 10 of 20
What does a level-of-evidence model use to evaluate the strength of a research study and its findings? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 11 of 20
What are the critiquing criteria used to judge the worth of a research study? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 12 of 20
Which statement best describes qualitative research? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 13 of 20
What does a critique of a research study always include? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 14 of 20
For which of the following research questions would qualitative methods be most appropriate?CorrectIncorrect
Question 15 of 20
Which of the following phrases would be found in a report of a qualitative study?CorrectIncorrect
Question 16 of 20
Which of the following phrases would be found in a report of a quantitative study?CorrectIncorrect
Question 17 of 20
Which of the following hypotheses are indicative of an experimental research design? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 18 of 20
Which statements are part of the criteria used to judge the soundness of a stated research question? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 19 of 20
Which criteria are used to determine the testability of a hypothesis? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Question 20 of 20
What are the advantages of using directional hypotheses? Select all that apply.CorrectIncorrect
Recommended books and resources for your NCLEX success:
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN (8th Edition)
The most comprehensive and complete NCLEX exam review book with over 5,200 NCLEX-style questions that are thoroughly updated to reflect the most recent test plan.
- Saunders Q & A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination (8th Edition)
This popular review offers more than 6,000 test questions, giving you all the Q&A practice you need to pass the NCLEX-RN examination! Each question enhances review by including a test-taking strategy and rationale for correct and incorrect answers.
- NCLEX-RN Prep Plus by Kaplan (24th Edition)
Kaplan’s NCLEX-RN Prep Plus uses expert critical thinking strategies and targeted sample questions to help you put your expertise into practice and face the exam with confidence.
- Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN Exam
Using colorful illustrations and fun mnemonic cartoons, the Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-RN® Exam, 10th Edition brings the concepts found on the NCLEX-RN to life!
- NCLEX RN Examination Prep Flashcards
Easy to use flash cards developed by test prep books for test takers trying to achieve a passing score on the NCLEX RN test, these flashcards cover.
- Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX-RN Examination
This book is the first and the most popular NCLEX-RN Exam review book focused exclusively on building management-of-care clinical judgment skills.
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-PN Examination (8th Edition)
The book includes a review of all nursing content areas, more than 4,500 NCLEX exam-style questions, detailed rationales, test-taking tips and strategies, and new Next-Generation NCLEX (NGN)-style questions.
- More NCLEX review books here.
If you need more information or practice quizzes, please do visit the following links:
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. Keep up the pace and continue learning with these practice quizzes:
- Nursing Test Bank: Free Practice Questions UPDATED!
Our most comprehenisve and updated nursing test bank that includes over 3,500 practice questions covering a wide range of nursing topics that are absolutely free!
- NCLEX Questions Nursing Test Bank and Review UPDATED!
Over 1,000+ comprehensive NCLEX practice questions covering different nursing topics. We’ve made a significant effort to provide you with the most challenging questions along with insightful rationales for each question to reinforce learning.