The Philippine Nurses Association (PNA) has become one of the largest nursing organizations in the country since its creation on September 2, 1922 during a meeting of 150 nurses presided then by Anastacia Giron Tupas. The PNA has helped outline the Code of Ethics for Nurses and improved the competency of Filipino nurses through its programs.
Fresh nurses are recommended to become members of the Philippine Nurses Association as it entails advantageous benefits for your career. Being a member of the PNA is easy, here are the steps on how to become a member:
The following are the requirements for becoming a PNA member:
Via PNA National Office
- Get a Membership Slip from the In-charge Guard and completely fill up the form.
- Pay the membership fee of Php 400 at the accounting office.
- Encode the relevant information needed by the Membership Data System of the PNA in front of the Admin Office.
- You are successfully registered as a member once all fields are cleared.
Via PNA Chapters
- You can register directly to the regional chapter you belong to. PNA has listed down the addresses of its chapters nationwide.
Bank to Bank Transactions
- Membership fee of Php 400 may be deposited in the following bank accounts under the account name “Philippine Nurses Association, Inc.”
- Banco De Oro – Paco Branch | Savings Account No. 1650057081
- Eastwest Bank – Paco Branch | Savings Account No. 010001000956
- Fax or email a copy of your deposit slip together with the membership form and photocopy of your PRC License Card at (632) 525-1596 or [email protected], respectively.
- Once payment has been verified, a notification will be sent through your indicated contact details.
Claiming ID Cards
PNA will notify you once your ID card if ready to be claimed. Claiming of Membership ID Cards may be done via:
- Securing it personally at the PNA National Office
- Sending a representative to PNA Office. Authorization letter from you including your rep’s ID is required.
- Have it sent via Postal Mail Service. An additional mailing fee of Php100 should be included in the deposit made. It will be sent after 1 to 2 working weeks.
The following, according to PNA, are the benefits of becoming a member:
- Assistance and guidance on matters concerning socio-economic welfare and political rights of nurses.
- Professional counseling and advice on “Rights of Migrant Workers” for nurses planning to work overseas.
- Referral for technico-legal advice on administrative and labor cases whenever necessary.
- Access to Continuing Professional Education (CPE) opportunities through seminars, training workshops, conferences and other educational activities sponsored by the PNA.
- Complimentary copies of the bi-annual issues of the Philippine Journal of Nursing (PJN).
- Access to PNA library materials and information.
- Linkage to PNA website: www.pna-ph.org.
- Discounted rate in availing PNA dormitory.
- Mutual Aid worth Php 12,500 for lifetime members and Php 3,000 for regular members.
- Recommendation for local and international grants / postgraduate studies for deserving PNA members.
Classifications of Memberships
There are four types of membership in PNA, they are as follows:
- Regular membership is conferred upon a nurse who has paid the required fee for the current year.
- Life membership is conferred upon a nurse who has been a regular member for three (3) consecutive years and who shall have paid the required fees (Php 5,000) regardless of age.
- Honorary membership is conferred upon a person who is not qualified under Article II, Section 2, paragraph a and b hereof, but who has rendered distinguished service to the Association in the attainment of its goals subject to the approval of the Board of Governors.
- Associate membership is conferred upon nurses residing abroad upon compliance of requirements for membership.
PNA regular membership expires every year. If your membership expired and would want to renew, just follow the same steps as the application process.
Telephone Nos.: 521-0937, 400-4430 / Telefax 525-1596
The Philippine Nurses Association is located at 1663 F.T. Benitez Street, Malate, Manila 1004. Office hours are from Monday to Saturdays, 8:00 AM to 5:00PM
- Options for membership Application to PNA | Philippine Nurses Association
- Philippine Nurses Association Facebook
- PNA Membership Form | Philippine Nurses Association