Let’s start the celebration of the National Nurses Week 2018! A special week to recognize and honor the great contribution of nurses to society! Every year, starting from May 6 we celebrate National Nurses Week which culminates on May 12, the birthday of Florence Nightingale. On May 12th, the International Nurses Day (IND) is spearheaded by the International Council for Nurses (ICN) with their 2018 theme: “Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Health is a Human Right.” National Student Nurses Day is celebrated on May 8th.
This article your portal to all Nurses Week 2018 activities:
Nurses Week Articles and Stories
Special articles for nurses during our week! Check these out:
- NEW 11 Nursing Appreciation Quotes from World Leaders. Statements and quotes from world leaders appreciating the work and value of nurses!
- NEW ICN: ‘Nurses a Voice to Lead – Health is a Human Right’. International Council of Nurses’ message for IND 2018.
- NEW WATCH: Nurses Are Much More than a Hand to Hold – They Innovate, Inspire, and Influence. Watch this awesome video on the expanded roles of nurses.
- 10 Gift Ideas for the Special Nurses in Your Life. Here are 10 gift ideas that will leave the special nurses in your life at loss for words (hopefully)!
- 40+ Gift Ideas for Nurses That Are Uniquely Awesome. Let’s take a look at the list of the best 40+ gift ideas you can buy for a nurse!
- A Tribute to Hospice Nurses. Life of a nurse who sees death often is not easy, this is our thank you to them.
- A Tribute to Oncology Nurses. A glimpse into the life of oncology nurses.
- A Tribute to Emergency Room Nurses. A letter of thanks to ER nurses.
- A Tribute to Labor and Delivery and NICU Nurses. A heartwarming letter of tribute to our L&D and NICU nurses.
- 5 Surprising Ways To Have Fun During Nurses Week (Without Breaking The Bank). Here are five great ways you can celebrate Nurses week without breaking your budget.
- 6 Nurses Week Facts You Probably Didn’t Know. Just how much do we know about Nurses Week? We dug down our history books and found these six intriguing and interesting facts about nurses week you probably didn’t know.
- VIDEO: ‘Here’s to Nurses’: A Tribute to the Profession. This video inspires not just its viewers, but all of our valued nurses, nursing educators, nursing students, nursing researchers, and individuals who support the nursing profession.
- 7 Ways to Say Thank You to Your Everyday Hero. Here are seven ways to alternatively express your gratitude for the everyday heroes who instantly answer your call for help:
- 5 Ways Patients Can Show Appreciation for Their Nurses. Nurses take care of their patients all-year round but this week is extra special. As it’s the celebration of Nurses Week, we’re outlining five of the best yet simple ways you, as patients, can give the love and appreciation back to your nurses.
- ‘I’m a Doctor, and Here’s Why I’m Thankful for Nurses’. And to show appreciation in all you do, I’d like to state a few reasons on why as a doctor, I’m thankful for nurses.
Nurses Week Resources
Here are some Nurses Week resources (posters, social media posts, etc) you can use:
- American Nurses Association. This 2018, the ANA has chosen the theme “Nurses: Inspire, Innovate, Influence”. Check out the resources, free webinars, and giveaways on their website.
- International Council of Nurses. The ICN has chosen the theme: “Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Health is a Human Right” for the International Nurses Day 2018. Check out their resource kit.
Check out these scholarships:
- Western Governors University (WGU). WGU is offering multiple $2000 scholarships and waiving the normal $65 application fee for nurses interested in furthering their education.
Social Media Resources and Nursing Quotes
We have quotes about nursing you can share on social media too! Check these out:
- Nurses’ Notes: 8 Inspiring Nursing Quotes to Keep You Going
- 25 Inspirational Quotes Every Nurse Should Read
- 45 Nursing Quotes to Inspire You to Greatness
Here are logos and social media resources you can use and share for the National Nurses Week 2018. Show your support and use them as your profile picture or share them on your social media accounts:
Freebies and Contest
Establishments and businesses are celebrating the Nurses Week 2018 by giving freebies or holding contests for our nurses:
- American Nurse Today. Sign up and get a free six-month digital subscription of American Nurse Today and a chance to win a $100 gift card!
- Cinnabon. During the week, nurses can get one free Cinnabon Classic Roll MiniBon Roll or a four-count BonBites when they show their badge at participating locations. Find a local Cinnabon near you.
- Medical Solutions is celebrating nurses week 2018 with giveaways, contests, and freebies! Check them out!
- PDQ. Just present your valid ID and get 50% off your total check.
[Updated as of May 12th. If you have activities for Nurses this week and would like to have it listed here, email us: email@example.com]