It’s time to celebrate National Nurses Week 2019! A wonderful week dedicated to honor the contribution of nurses to our society! Nurses Week starts on May 6th and ends culminates on May 12th – the birthday of Florence Nightingale! May 12th is also celebrated as International Nurses Day (IND) and is spearheaded by the International Council of Nurses (ICN). This year’s theme of the IND is: “Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Health for All“.
NOTE: Check out our updated article for Nurses Week 2020 here.
Nurses Week Articles and Stories
Special articles for nurses during our week! Check out these nurses week 2019 stories:
- 10 Nurse Advocacies and Campaigns You Need to Know.
Get to know the different nurse advocacies and campaigns around the world. Be part of the change!
- 10 Ideas On How to Celebrate Nurses Week!
Here are some ideas on how busy nurses can celebrate nurses week!
- 40+ Gift Ideas for Nurses That Are Uniquely Awesome.
Let’s take a look at the list of the best 40+ gift ideas you can buy for a nurse!
- 11 Nursing Appreciation Quotes from World Leaders.
Statements and quotes from world leaders appreciating the work and value of nurses!
- WATCH: Nurses Are Much More than a Hand to Hold – They Innovate, Inspire, and Influence.
Watch this awesome video on the expanded roles of nurses.
- 10 Gift Ideas for the Special Nurses in Your Life.
Here are 10 gift ideas that will leave the special nurses in your life at loss for words (hopefully)!
- A Tribute to Hospice Nurses.
Life of a nurse who sees death often is not easy, this is our thank you to them.
- A Tribute to Oncology Nurses.
A glimpse into the life of oncology nurses.
- A Tribute to Emergency Room Nurses.
A letter of thanks for ER nurses.
- A Tribute to Labor and Delivery and NICU Nurses.
A heartwarming letter of tribute to our L&D and NICU nurses.
- 5 Surprising Ways To Have Fun During Nurses Week (Without Breaking The Bank).
Here are five great ways you can celebrate Nurses week without breaking your budget.
- 6 Nurses Week Facts You Probably Didn’t Know.
Just how much do we know about Nurses Week? We dug down our history books and found these six intriguing and interesting facts about nurses week you probably didn’t know.
- ‘Here’s to Nurses’: A Tribute to the Profession.
This video inspires not just its viewers, but all of our valued nurses, nursing educators, nursing students, nursing researchers, and individuals who support the nursing profession.
- 7 Ways to Say Thank You to Your Everyday Hero.
Here are seven ways to alternatively express your gratitude for the everyday heroes who instantly answer your call for help:
- 5 Ways Patients Can Show Appreciation for Their Nurses.
Nurses take care of their patients all-year round but this week is extra special. As it’s the celebration of Nurses Week, we’re outlining five of the best yet simple ways you, as patients, can give the love and appreciation back to your nurses.
- ‘I’m a Doctor, and Here’s Why I’m Thankful for Nurses’.
And to show appreciation in all you do, I’d like to state a few reasons on why as a doctor, I’m thankful for nurses.
Nurses Week 2019 Resources
Here are some Nurses Week 2019 resources (posters, social media posts, etc) you can use:
- American Nurses Association. This 2019, the ANA has chosen the theme “4 Million Reasons to Celebrate”. Check out the resources, free webinars, and giveaways on their website.
- International Council of Nurses. The ICN has chosen the theme: “Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Health for All” for the International Nurses Day 2019. Check out their resource kit.
Nurses Week 2019 Freebies and Promotions
Collection of freebies and promotions for Nurses this Nurses Week 2019:
- Amazon: Free nursing eBooks for your Kindle or Kindle App.
- Board Vitals: Discounts upto 25% off on all Nursing Test Banks. Use “NursesWeek” coupon at checkout.
- Cinnabon: Show your name badge and get a free cinnamon MiniBon from May 6 to 12.
Social Media Resources
Here are logos and social media resources you can use and share for the National Nurses Week 2019. Show your support and use them as your profile picture or share them on your social media accounts:
More updates coming soon…