Nursing is a tough job. The profession itself entails a lot of responsibilities, dedication, and hard work to get us through the day to day. But things I like about nursing are the rewards no matter how small. These may be petty and quirky but they never fail to bring a smile to a nurse’s face.
1. When you get a flash on a hard stick.
2. Finding a pen when you actually need one.
After doing the Macarena dance, of course.
3. That miraculous moment when you were able to take lunch.
And yes, that is tantamount to experiencing a miracle.
4. Peeling open a pair of surgical gloves.
The sound of satisfaction of opening the packaging of a surgical gloves. Might as well be a ringtone, right? It’s that “peeling feeling” that kinda resembles this:
5. Priming an IV tubing with zero air bubbles.
It’s like the planets have aligned suggesting the start of a perfect shift!
6. Receiving your paycheck.
You feel like you’re the richest person on earth…until you have to pay your bills.
7. Taking off your socks or bra after work.
Nothing feels better when you can stretch and rest those sore muscles.
8. Seeing urine outflow when inserting a foley catheter.
You get a sigh of relief that you did a job well done.
9. Writing “RN” after your name.
Admit it, you still do a little happy dance in your head!
10. Successfully drawing a blood sample from a patient after your colleagues fail to do so.
With chin up, it’s like you have established who the “alpha nurse” is in your unit.
11. Patients or SOs who are grateful to your service waving goodbyes and thank yous.
We’re all smiles knowing that we made a difference in that person’s life.
Did we miss something? Tell us your “best feelings” in the comments section below!Last updated on