Hi! You are currently in the quiz page. If you’re done with this quiz, please check out the other exams by clicking here to go back to the NCLEX-PN Nursing Test Bank page.
Before you start, here are some examination guidelines and reminders you must read:
- Practice Exams NEW! Engage with our Practice Exams to hone your skills in a supportive, low-pressure environment. These exams provide immediate feedback and explanations, helping you grasp core concepts, identify improvement areas, and build confidence in your knowledge and abilities.
- Challenge Exams NEW! Take our Challenge Exams to test your mastery and readiness under simulated exam conditions. These exams offer a rigorous question set to assess your understanding, prepare you for actual examinations, and benchmark your performance.
- You’re given 2 minutes per item.
- For Challenge Exams, click on the “Start Quiz” button to start the quiz.
- Complete the quiz: Ensure that you answer the entire quiz. Only after you’ve answered every item will the score and rationales be shown.
- Learn from the rationales: After each quiz, click on the “View Questions” button to understand the explanation for each answer.
- Free access: Guess what? Our test banks are 100% FREE. Skip the hassle – no sign-ups or registrations here. A sincere promise from Nurseslabs: we have not and won’t ever request your credit card details or personal info for our practice questions. We’re dedicated to keeping this service accessible and cost-free, especially for our amazing students and nurses. So, take the leap and elevate your career hassle-free!
- Share your thoughts: We’d love your feedback, scores, and questions! Please share them in the comments below.
0 of 25 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 25 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Not categorized 0%
Awesome, you’ve completed the quiz!
Where are the rationales? Please click the View Questions button below to review your answers and read through the rationales for each question.
- Review / Skip
Question 1 of 25
A client has returned to his room following an esophagoscopy. Before offering fluids, the nurse should give priority to assessing the client’s:CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 25
Which instruction should be included in the discharge teaching for the client with cataract surgery?CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 25
An 8-year-old is admitted with a sore throat, drooling, muffled phonation, high pitched-sound upon breathing (stridor), and a temperature of 102°F. The nurse should immediately notify the doctor because the child’s symptoms are suggestive of:CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 25
Phototherapy is ordered for a newborn with physiologic jaundice. The nurse caring for the infant should:CorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 25
A teen hospitalized with anorexia nervosa is now permitted to leave her room and eat in the dining room. Which of the following nursing interventions should be included in the client’s plan of care?CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 25
According to Erikson’s stage of growth and development, the developmental task of an 8-year old child is:CorrectIncorrect
Question 7 of 25
The nurse should observe for side effects associated with the use of bronchodilators. A common side effect of bronchodilators is:CorrectIncorrect
Question 8 of 25
The 5-minute Apgar of a baby delivered by C-section is recorded as 9. The most likely reason for this score is:CorrectIncorrect
Question 9 of 25
A 5-month-old infant is admitted to the ER with a temperature of 106°F and irritability. The mother states that the child has been listless for the past several hours and that he had a seizure on the way to the hospital. A lumbar puncture confirms a diagnosis of bacterial meningitis. The nurse should assess the infant for:CorrectIncorrect
Question 10 of 25
A client with a bowel resection and anastomosis returns to his room with an NG tube attached to intermittent suction. Which of the following observations indicates that the nasogastric suction is working properly?CorrectIncorrect
Question 11 of 25
The nurse is teaching the client with insulin-dependent diabetes the signs of hypoglycemia. Which of the following signs is associated with hypoglycemia?CorrectIncorrect
Question 12 of 25
Which of the following symptoms is associated with relapse of multiple sclerosis?CorrectIncorrect
Question 13 of 25
Which of the following conditions is most likely related to the development of renal calculi?CorrectIncorrect
Question 14 of 25
A client with AIDS is admitted for the treatment of wasting syndrome. Which of the following dietary modifications can be used to compensate for the limited absorptive capability of the intestinal tract?CorrectIncorrect
Question 15 of 25
The treatment protocol for a client with acute lymphatic leukemia includes prednisone, methotrexate, and cimetidine. The purpose of the cimetidine is to:CorrectIncorrect
Question 16 of 25
Which of the following meal choices is suitable for a 6-month-old infant?CorrectIncorrect
Question 17 of 25
The LPN is preparing to administer an injection of vitamin K to the newborn. The nurse should administer the injection in the:CorrectIncorrect
Question 18 of 25
The physician has prescribed Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) for a client with nephrotic syndrome. The nurse should:CorrectIncorrect
Question 19 of 25
The nurse is caring for a client with detoxification from alcohol. Which medication is used in the treatment of alcohol withdrawal?CorrectIncorrect
Question 20 of 25
A client with insulin-dependent diabetes takes 20 units of NPH insulin at 7 a.m. The nurse should observe the client for signs of hypoglycemia at:CorrectIncorrect
Question 21 of 25
The licensed practical nurse is assisting the charge nurse in planning care for a client with a detached retina. Which of the following nursing diagnoses should receive priority?CorrectIncorrect
Question 22 of 25
The primary purpose for using a continuous passive motion (CPM) machine for the client with a total knee repair is to help:CorrectIncorrect
Question 23 of 25
Which of the following statements reflects Kohlberg’s theory of the moral development of the preschool-age child?CorrectIncorrect
Question 24 of 25
A toddler with otitis media has just completed antibiotic therapy. A recheck appointment should be made to:CorrectIncorrect
Question 25 of 25
A factory worker is brought to the nurse’s office after a metal fragment enters his right eye. The nurse should:CorrectIncorrect