Nursing Care Plans
The nursing plan of care of clients for elective termination includes assessing biopsychosocial status, giving appropriate instruction/information, promoting coping strategies and emotional support, and preventing postprocedural complications.
Here are six (6) nursing care plans for elective termination or therapeutic abortion:
- Acute Pain
- Deficient Knowledge
- Risk for Spiritual Distress
- Risk For Decisional Conflict
- Risk For Maternal Injury
Anxiety: Vague uneasy feeling of discomfort or dread accompanied by an autonomic response.
May be related to
- Situational/maturational crises.
- Unmet needs.
- Unconscious conflict about essential values/beliefs
Possibly evidenced by
- Fear of unspecified consequences.
- Focus on self.
- Impaired attention.
- Increased tension.
- Sympathetic stimulation
- Patient will recognize the presence of anxiety.
- Patient will identify the cause of anxiety.
- Patient will begin to use positive coping strategies to adjust to the situation.
- Patient will use resources/support systems effectively.
- Patient will report anxiety reduced to a manageable level.
|Recognize the client’s anxiety and encourage to express her feelings.||To assist the client in identifying feelings and begin to deal with problems.|
|Establish a therapeutic relationship, conveying empathy and unconditional positive regard.||To provide a positive attitude towards the client.|
|Provide comfort measures such as breathing and relaxation techniques.||This can influence physiological responses (BP, pulse, and respiration). Tense muscles may interfere with|
|Explain procedures before they are performed, and stay with the client to provide concurrent feedback.||A physical presence is reassuring and can increase cooperation and promote a sense of security.|
|Provide a support person/family member to stay with the client particularly if she is undergoing a the second-trimester procedure requiring|
induction of labor.
|The presence of a familiar person can help reduce client anxiety and promote relaxation and coping.|
You may also like the following posts and care plans:
- Nursing Care Plan: The Ultimate Guide and Database – the ultimate database of nursing care plans for different diseases and conditions! Get the complete list!
- Nursing Diagnosis: The Complete Guide and List – archive of different nursing diagnoses with their definition, related factors, goals and nursing interventions with rationale.
Maternal and Newborn Care Plans
Nursing care plans related to the care of the pregnant mother and her infant. See care plans for maternity and obstetric nursing:
- Abruptio Placenta| 3 Care Plan
- Cesarean Birth | 10 Care Plans
- Cleft Palate and Cleft Lip | 6 Care Plans
- Dysfunctional Labor (Dystocia) | 4 Care Plans
- Elective Termination | 6 Care Plans
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus | 4 Care Plans
- Hyperbilirubinemia | 4 Care Plans
- Labor Stages, Induced and Augmented Labor | 36 Care Plans
- Neonatal Sepsis | 5 Care Plans
- Perinatal Loss | 5 Care Plans
- Placenta Previa | 3 Care Plans
- Postpartum Hemorrhage | 8 Care Plans
- Postpartum Thrombophlebitis | 4 Care Plans
- Prenatal Hemorrhage | 7 Care Plans
- Prenatal Substance Dependence/Abuse | 6 Care Plans
- Precipitous Labor | 3 Care Plans
- Pregnancy Induced Hypertension | 6 Care Plans
- Premature Dilation of the Cervix | 3 Care Plans
- Prenatal Infection | 3 Care Plans
- Preterm Labor | 6 Care Plans
- Puerperal Infection | 4 Care Plans